2 for 1 Book Review


With the festivities and travelling I totally got behind with writing my book reviews. I totally completed my last two books for the year which were both fantastic and compelling. I do love a inspiring book and just as much love a psychology which to put in a nutshell were exactly the genre of books I read. So here goes. Book review one and two!

The Book Review: 11/12 November Edition 

Liespotting: Proven Techniques to Detect Deception

by Pamela Meyer




This book has to be one of the most thought provoking books I've read and most applicable techniques to apply to daily life. For someone like me; highly gullible and trusts everyone (much to my detriment) this book has become an almost life line, especially since my current endeavour with footwear will see me going through a number of the examples mentioned in this book. For any of you  thinking of staring a business this is a must read! Word of warning (though) the techniques in this book don't only help you with business it uses examples in daily life too so you may become more aware of those around you doing just as much fibbing in personal life along with career goals, as the saying goes you can't unknow what you already know, you cant unlearn what you have already learnt.



The Book Review: 12/12 December Edition 

A Year of Yes

by Shonda Rhimes

I have been a huge fan of Shonda Rhimes since I first watched Greys Anatomy, which was around 4 years ago, yes i'm late to the Greys Anatomy fan club, but once I set my eyes on it I was hooked and mostly because it was my vice in the first year of my Dad passing away it seemed like my therapy. Then came Scandal which I became obsessed with and then of course How To Get Away with Murder. Im aware by now that I'm totally addicted to tv series and I have convinced myself that there is nothing wrong with that especially when they are all written by Shonda Rhimes. This book is a little snippet of Rhimes life that documents her year of saying yes to any opportunity that came her way. Unravelling some of the situation she wound up in simply for saying yes and the ripple effect it has had on her life following is seriously inspiring and encouraging especially if you are feeling stuck in rut - try saying yes to the next opportunity that lands in your lap and see where it will take it i'm pretty sure it will change your life in ways you weren't expecting.




No comments:

Post a Comment