The Book Review: 8/12 August Edition 

Choose Yourself

by James Altucher




When I reflect on the life and career I have taken on, most of the time I'm very grateful to be able to do the things I love but sometimes this comes at a cost - i often find myself feeling like the hard work isn't always paying off and end up lacking in motivation. So to tame those feelings I have learnt to appreciate the small successes and remember that my big dreams can only work or happen through those small successes. At the same time my confidence and patience are also always being tested, and ultimately the ineveitable happens - I go on the hunt for the best thing in self help. I love reading and since its something I do at least once/twice a day a daily affirmation for motivation are supremely helpful. Now I know self help books have a lot of taboo surrounding them and the normal reaction is to think they are filled with positive/spiritual mumbo jumbo, which in all honesty sometimes it is, but most of the time I do feel through all of the text there is a message/moral to be learnt from them. In a nutshell this is what this book is about, I agreed with almost all of it, as most of the book is about your frame of mind and ways to help you get out of a negative rut about your dreams. This book should be seen as a tool to help you get out of old habits and finding new ways of thinking about your dreams, ambitions and goals. I don't believe any of the self help books can make you millions but i believe this book could provide you with some ideas on how you could possibly get there. Give it a read and if your not convinced by a couple pages in then I'll eat my hat! (well i wont but you know how the saying goes - ha!)

By the way my next book is called Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment