The Book Review: 7/12 July Edition 

Freakonomics

by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner





This book has been an eye opener, to say the least. Its difficult to pick out the chapters of the book that shocked me most or rather taught me more about the world around me. Its pretty safe to say I was never a numbers person so I met this book with some apprehension (I was scared I was going to get lost in a world of numbers and the economic history of the world) but in fact once getting past the first few pages I quickly realised this book would teach me more about about life and economics that no amount of high school education could have taught me. Steven D Levitt an economist by profession explored economics in every walk of life which is exactly what this book is about; how we work with incentives and making sense of certain situations statistically. This has to be one of the most thought provoking books I have read in a long time, also refreshingly smart and easy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment