The Book Review: 4/12 April Edition 

To Kill A Mockingbird




I have finally got through this book, I know I'm a little late with this and a little late with starting the next book since I should have started that a couple weeks back, but I have finished which is the main thing. I have to be honest the reason its taken me a while is because I have struggled to really get in to this book ( I know shock horror), I feel guilty even saying it because I know how loved this novel is. I have to say it took reading past two thirds of the book before I could really get hooked. Once I had, though, it was difficult to put the book down. Now its finished I see how the first few chapters really set you up, and build the relationships and atmosphere for the most important part of the book, the court room where Atticus Finch defends Tom Robinson. On reflection this book has reinforced a few things I have always thought; kids points of views are generally very raw and simplistic but often very honest and true, secondly the father daughter relationship is a profound one that should always be cherished, lastly prejudice has no place on this earth. I guess all thats left to say is read this book (if you haven't already) - its a classic for good reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment