The Traveling Notebook of Shoe Makers

Chapter 1: Angiola Ricci




So here we go the first instalment of these blog entries that I'll be doing through out the year on my travels. I always walk around with a notebook, even on holidays to make notes, sketches, lists and everything in between. On my recent holiday to Curaçao I was able to visit a store cum studio that handmade beautiful leather and Swarovski encrusted sandals and they kindly allowed me to have a look at how the process works and how their studio/store runs. I recorded the whole affair in my notebook along with my beloved camera. The owner, designer and producer Amanda Kluijer - van Wilgen along with her team in Curaçao produce all the gorgeous slippers, sliders and sandals within the studio and this particular time I spoke to Sietje who was working on sandals the day I popped by. Being a shoe maker, I'm always looking at new techniques within shoe making industry so seeing how Sietje worked was insightful and exciting - the pictures do most of the talking so I leave you with all the shots I took on my visit. Thank you Angiola Ricci for having me, I hope the pictures have done your studio and store justice!
















No comments:

Post a Comment